- 1 cup uncooked buckwheat
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 slices bacon, crumbled
- parsley, if desired
- Mix together buckwheat and egg in a small bowl.
- Add buckwheat to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes or until grains are separated.
- Add the water and salt and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add swiss cheese and stir until combined.
- Add oil to a medium frying pan. Over medium heat, cook onion, garlic, and mushrooms for 7 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with cooked bacon and parsley if desired.