- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. (If using the Bosch sifter, sift you can sift the dry ingredients directly into the wet ingredients, step 4).
- Cream the butter and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix together on low until combined.
- Divide the dough in half and shape into flat circles. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove one piece of dough from the plastic wrap and sandwich in between two sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4” thickness. Cut out into cookie shapes.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with remaining dough
- Place shapes on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F or until cookies look done.
- Let cool on wire racks and then decorate!