- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons whole grain flour (from your NutriMill)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (chopped)
You can substitute the whole grain flour with quinoa flour if you want.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl beat together vanilla, oil, honey, eggs, and zucchini. Set aside.
- In a small bowl pour in all the dry ingredients and stir with a wire whisk. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Combine the two mixtures together into one bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into greased muffin pan. Place in preheated oven. Bake about 15 minutes or until done.
- Cool a few minutes and then take out of the muffin pan and cool on cooling rack.
* You could put in a square pan or bread pan instead. You will just have to watch the cooking time a little closer. Remove when done.
**This recipe comes from Grain Crazy (graincrazy.org)
I love to bake! I have a huge sweet tooth, and I love to make things like zucchini muffins, you know, anything decadent like that. And I stand by the claim that chocolate can be good for you! I love having a good piece of dark chocolate, one that’s 70 percent or more cacao. – Lauren Bowles