- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- roasted pepitas
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until fragrant and soft.
- Add the butternut squash, pumpkin puree and chicken broth to the pot and stir to combine. Stir in the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the squash is tender, use the Bosch blender or food processor to purée the soup until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Serve with roasted pepitas.