Indulge in chocolate mousse - a heavenly dessert for all occasions. Its velvety texture and rich cocoa flavor make it a favorite treat.
6 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
16 oz (2 Cups) Cold Heavy Cream
3 Large Egg Whites
2 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
Sweetened Whipped Cream
Shaved Dark Chocolate
Coarsely Chop the Chocolate and place in a large bowl. Set a little aside for topping.
2. Fill a sauce pan with water and heat to a low simmer. Place bowl of chocolate onto the pan to melt (or use a double broiler). Once fully melted remove from heat and set aside.
3. Whip egg whites in mixer at speed 4 until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks occur. Make sure the mixing bowl and whips are very clean and completely dry. Any oily residue or moisture will prevent egg whites from forming.
4. Fold egg whites into chocolate
5. Beat the cold cream in the mixer at speed 4 until soft peaks form. Set a couple spoon fulls aside for topping.
6. Fold whipped cream into mixture.
7. Cover chocolate mousse and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until set.